Thread: New to DDD
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
You're not approaching the injury correctly. If you decondition it will hurt you more. You have to learn how to unload the spine as much as possible and give it time. Most of the time it will settle to a point that is good enough.

Stuart McGill is a professor of biomechanics based in Canada, and has done a lot of work on core stabilisation. Find a physio who's up to date on his stuff and that will be a good starting point. From there head to pilates.

If you want a good cheap book on it, buy 'Spinal Stabilisation' by Jemmet off Amazon for $40.

These are all good options to explore before you subject yourself to invasive surgery.

Good luck
in my opinion, all these PT is completely useless. I would like to hear a case where PT has completely cured a person from his or hers back problems. Then I will consider it. Whats the point of spending more and more time and money doing PT if it doesn't guarantee success? Atleast surgery goes to the root of the problem and after doing a lot of research, i believe ADR is very benefitical for the right patients. Its even more helpful for younger ppl since they recover faster.
2011-diagnosed with two level DDD L4-L5 L5-S1
2011-ESI performed then 2 level disectomy/lami
12/11: Diagnosed with spinal infection. Currenly on antibiotics (ivy). changes in mri due to infection. rushed to the hospital. got surgical drainage and a laminectomy at l5 and another partial laminectomy at l4.