View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
It will be fairly certain that sitting and long-duration repetitive motion, such as typing at a desk, will cause discomfort at three weeks even if you have an unusually fast recovery. Laura went back to work within three weeks of all three of her ADR surgeries but was also very careful about how much she taxed her body during that early recovery. ADR is probably the only back surgery that could possibly give you the short recovery time you're seeking but I don't believe that even ADR could have you back to full speed within three weeks. Can you seek some form of limited duty or alternate work arrangement to allow yourself to rest a bit throughout the day during the early post-surgical period? The combination of allowing you to rest during the day, changing your chair around, and permitting you to move around the office as one task started flaring up your back could allow you to come back to work faster.

Side note about ADR types, I would strongly advise you to find the best surgeon you can to perform the surgery and let ADR type be a secondary consideration. If you like Rischke in all other regards, using the best surgeon is a better means of securing a good outcome than using any particular ADR type. The point is moot, of course, if you don't think that Rischke is any better than the other surgeons you're looking at.
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely put my health as a priority. I can work in my office while standing which is great. I have contact 3-5 doctors so far and will decide once I get their feedbacks, have you read in the threads about Dr. Rischke? I don't seem to find him!
Next surgery date: 18/02/2015 with Dr. Rischke