View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Mike, in general i would recommend you try to get opinions from at least a few doctors to make sure there is a reasonable consensus of opinion as well as to feel out more options.
Hi Jeff, well I FedExed my MRI to Dr Clavel and he will have it on Monday. It seemed impossible to upload on the website they have for patients, but that is a nice touch to have your own log in. He will have recent x rays and the MRI so now I mucst awai the recommendation. A physiatrist I saw at HSS this week said that if the Gabapentin, the physical therapy and some possible injections don't work....then she would recommend a fusion! When I asked about ADR, she said. I was not a candidate. Well is that trus or do we just prefer fusion in the USA? She said something about arthritis in my lumbar....well there is not much disk left so doesn't a replacment make sense? What do I know? Let's see what Dr Clavel has to say. Another forum member was very happy with Dr Bierstedt in Germany, but although he seems less well know than Clavel but I cannot base a decision on that. By the way,the DVD produced by the founder of this forum is very good; he was kind enough to send it to me right away! Anyway, thank you all for listening any any input is greatly appreciated. Mike