View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoulsen1 View Post
Roughly 8 - 10 months ago I was sitting at my desk and had a significant flash of pain like a lighting bolt and my back spasmed shortly thereafter. I followed up with my surgeon and he did several x-rays. He said it was very difficult to tell but the disc may have moved a small amount, maybe 1 to 2 millimeters at most and that it shouldn't cause any problems. I recovered more or less but as time went on I started have pain when sitting. It started oddly enough as a pressure like pain in my tailbone. After sitting I could reach around and touch my tailbone and it would be extremely sensitive. After awhile I noticed that the pain was also encroaching on my left butt cheek. This pain felt more like nerve pain in that is was a change in sensation and a burning on the inside of the one cheek only. So I made a follow up with my surgeon and described my symptoms. He took some more x-rays and concluded it was coccyx pain and not related to possible shift in my ADR. He referred me to a pain management Dr.

Chris
Do you know what could have caused this sudden appearance of, presumably coccyx related, pain? Did something happen during the day or the day before? A dislocation of coccyx could be possible, but it sounds strange, since the keels of the prodisc should keep it in place? I hope you can find the cause of this pain.