View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 PM

Well in the last two weeks I got another opinion for a Discectomy rather than an ADR. I then applied for the clinical trial that they have going on at Triangle Ortho and sent my MRI cd. Dr Musante ,of Triangle Ortho, called and told me that I had been excluded since the disc is still in pretty good shape. He then suggested a discectomy. I told I had misgivings about that procedure because of some of the data I had looked up. I also told him that I was running out of money fast. He sent me some the lastest data that he had which showed less than a 1% failure rate if the post op instrutions are followed correctly. Then he arranged for everyone involved to take about 40% less and told me they could arrange payments if necessary! He called me back, and spent another 10 minutes talking to me about the procedure. This guy is amazing! Anyhow, I'm set up for surgery on the 18th, I hope it all goes well. Thanks for all your advice.
4/1 MRI taken, revealed herniated disc at L5/S1, $1000
4/16 first epideral shot, some relief after a few days, lasted 1 week: $3500
5/10 second epideral, no relief at all: $3500
5/24 frst visit to nerosurgeron, recommends discectomy, cost ~ $20,000--workers comp should pay,so far denied due to no witnesses. So far out of pocket-no secondary insurance