View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 AM

Gina,

Sorry I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I have three; the first two I used for relief for months before my double cervical ADR, the last is a strengthening exercise I use for swimming. Though none are designed for the lumber spine, two of them do provide about half your weight's worth of lumbar traction.
  • Child's pose. Drop to your knees, sit back onto your heels, then lean forward at the waist until you're face down on the floor. It is a common yoga position and pictures can be found using google.
  • Hanging from a tree (or anything where you're suspended in the air). The neighbors were gracious enough not to laugh at me. I would hang from the bottom branch of a tree in our front yard by my right hand (couldn't raise both hands over head). This provides some lumbar traction.
  • Sit in a chair that has arms. Extend your feet as far in front of you as possible. Place your hands on the chair's arms and then lift your buttocks from the chair with only your arms. The further out you can extend your feet in front of you, the more lumbar traction you'll get.

I hope you find something there that you can use.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011