View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:43 AM

Thumbs up No worries!

Congratulations on your recent surgery! Happy to hear you are on the other side and on the mend.

I wouldn't worry about the disc that you have. The most important criteria for a successful cervical surgery is the surgeon first and since you are doing good than just keep getting better!

There is a lot of debate about the discs but, there have been successful surgeries and failures with all of them. All of us on the Board have opinions and they differ. Even the neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons in the U.S. and Europe all have opinions and they differ. If you have a choice before your surgery, then you can compare and contrast them and add that to your list of decisions but, often people in the U.S. don't have a choice and then it's about finding the best surgeon with the most experience with a particular disc.

For me the decision was made for me, I'm allergic to the metals in the Prodisc and the Mobi-C so, they were not an option. Other than that, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to debate here which one is better when you already have one in you and your goal now is to make the very best of it. Again congratulations and wishing you an amazing recovery!

P.S. If would be great if you feel comfortable sharing the name of your surgeon. Plus, add a signature to your profile when you feel up to it.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016