View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Default Update

I haven't written in a while because I feel very down over me surgery. I still have left vocal cord paralysis. I've lost a significant amount of weight d/t not being able to eat. My O2 goes down between 70- 80 when I speak. I have had such a disappointing experience with my surgeon at Jefferson. My experience with Jefferson has been horrid and I have put in a complaint so I am hoping another person does not have this happen to them. The last straw for me was when my dr. took a week to return my phone call and his reason "I had 30 patients to see that day and didn't get home till after 8:00" Now they are having a Dr. Harrop see me for the first time at Jefferson on Thursday. I've been to the er twice because of not being able to breath. I am no longer seeing my surgeon his ego will not allow him to say something went wrong. I am going to see his boss who is taking over my case and I have thyroid CA on the right side which is a big concern because they are talking to me about a temp. trach. I am going on Wednesday to Penn for my consult and maybe they could take over my case. My nerve pain is much better, but I still have neck pain. I am just wondering if anyone has been down this path and if they want too pm for more details I am fine with that. This group has been such a big support for me and I appreciate anyone's insight.
Cervical Spondylosis
Degenerative disc disease
Conservative treatment: therapy, chiropractor, epidural injections
Prodisc C C6/7
ADR 7/5/16