View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Default Bone Growth

Sorry for your injury, and at this age, I have seen personally, people about a decade older than you...
However, if you believe you can go back to work, after 3 weeks, this is not realistic.
The ADR has a coating, and this looks like sandpaper, this is called hydroxyapatite, varies, but this will take several weeks, to grow and become strong. You may be able to work for periods, maybe an hour here and there, depends how you respond to the surgery, and how fast you heal.
I was to have two M6, but the surgeon could only place one, therefore I had a fusion at the L5-S1 level.
Still healing and this has been three months, but I am twice your age.
You may consider the MobiC for the Cervical, and go with the M6L, but remember, this is NOT the original, if you catch my drift, it will be much better, but a fall, car accident or other, can damage the disc.
Me, I hope they can come up with a better option, or at least, if in 20 years, if need be, they can remove the 'middle', leave the endplates and be done.
If you want my surgeon, in Germany, send me a PM, I have not been here in awhile, but will try to get back here.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.