Thread: Need Aetna help
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdoc714 View Post
Jason,

I called the employee services group back and got to a supervisor. It took her 3 days but Aetna conceded to "out of network" coverage, 50%. That's better than two weeks ago at least.

Don't give up on Aetna. You may have to ask to speak to supervisors a few times. If your company is self insured, HR may be able to put pressure on the situation.

Don't give up Jason,

Bob
Hmm, would they cover Germany that way? I alomost wonder if it would be worth it to get the newer technology. Of course, newer doesn't always mean better but I'm starting to look at an overseas trip as a backup if the Bryan disc doesn't get approved. And I haven't given up hope yet. It's been a couple weeks since my HR VP sent them their own policy bulletin and we haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming that's a good thing because if nothing else they're having to scurry around trying to think of another excuse other than "the procedure is uninsurable."

My wife and i have decided that if ADR is the recommendation than we will do everything reasonable to make sure that's what I get. The thought of complications not being covered is scary though.
In 2005 pain began getting worse.
Diagnosed as DDD in July 2007.
Surgery recommended after 6weeks of PT made the pain worse.
ADR scheduled for Jan 26, 2009. Rescheduled for August 5!
Bryan disc finally FDA approved, and just in time too.
Neck was all jacked up and had to be fused unfortunately.