View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM

Default My experience with Dr. Bierstedt

Fortunately, Dr. Clavel and Dr. Bierstedt came back with the same recommendation for me, so I didn't have the very serious decision you're being forced to make concerning your diagnosis.

But I'll explain why I chose Dr. Bierstedt. First, his credentials are legit. With his background my decision was easy to make. He's confident, but there's no ego with him. He and I spoke on the phone and I liked him on a personal level as well as professionally. Face to face he's personable and informative.

Second, he and his team have built a comprehensive program that makes sure the patient is taken care of from the moment you land until they drop you off at the airport to come home. The staff at the hospital took great care of me. Then once I left for Medicos, the rehab facility, I was taken care of by a large team of nurses, doctors, massage therapists, physical therapists, etc. Every day my doctor and I sat down and went over my progress. The nurses checked my incision each day, and twice I had blood drawn for testing to make sure there was no infection. I had twice daily massage and trigger release therapy, as well as PT, occupational therapy and personal training. And their gym is pretty sweet.

Everything was covered, from transportation to and from the airport, my meals, hotel, you name it. So my decision to go with Dr. Bierstedt involved not only his surgical expertise, but also their entire approach to patient care. I'd do it all over again if I had to.
- Torn ligaments in SI joint
- PRP injections at SI joint
- Tarlov cysts on sacrum
- Lumbar stenosis
- L4/L5 ADR Feb 25, 2014 with Dr. Bierstedt.
http://iansroadback.blogspot.com