View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM

Default New member--need help for my husband

Hi all,
My husband was injured in an MVA last September and now has herniated c5-6 and 6-7 discs. His neck and right shoulder pain has become unbearable in the last 4 months, and we are searching for answers (I have read many, many posts on this helpful forum!). We still have so many questions. Two neurosurgeons and an ortho surgeon have recommended cervical ADR + Fusion on other level, or 2 level fusion. My husband really wants to avoid fusion on both. We are interested in hearing more from people who have had 2 level ADR or hybrid. Also wondering how we will battle our local HMO insurance co. There is a good dr. here where part of it MIGHT be covered, but we are looking at the docs w/ most experience in LA and TX. I dread the whole battle with insurance and wonder if it would be covered at all out of network. Mostly, I want to find the best solution for my husband, who really is at his wit's end. We have looked into Germany and India, but he would much rather stay in the states.
thanks!
on freeway in Sept '10 resulting in herniated C5-6 and C6-7.
9/23/10 Prodisc C5-6, Fusion C6-7 (already autofusing + osteopenic) Thanks to a brilliant, seasoned surgeon who always puts outcomes ahead of fantasy! God Bless you Dr.Lauryssen!
6/25/11: still suffering with debilitating pain in between shoulder blades..will this ever go away?