View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM

DrewDotNet, thank you for your very insightful post! It really emphasizes how important it is to suck it up, deal with the pain and not go with the first surgeon that wants to do surgery on you. Easier said than done I certainly know. People have this blind faith in doctors that is often to their detriment. I just try not to be one of them! I think it's easy to fall into the trap. What has me concerned lately is the build up of scar tissue that does not show up on MRI's or X-Rays. I've had four minimally invasive surgeries on my neck already. I'm not sure if there is a scan out there that can help the surgeon to anticipate what he'll run into once he opens me up.

Laura, I so appreciate your posts! Reading your list of symptoms revealed so many similarities to my own experience. I still have not found a surgeon that will agree that my leg problems are related to my cervical spine. Also, I laughed when you said you became a nuisance to the insurance company. I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT! I also may hire an attorney if I'm not feeling up to the task. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Your last comments about Dr. Bierstedt were interesting. I'm so glad he got the M6-C into your C6-7 level. Wow, that must have been unsettling going into the surgery and not knowing the expected outcome. I'm so glad that most of your pain issues have been resolved! It gives me hope.

Today is a big day for me. I finally have my appointment with the surgeon at the Barrow Institute in Phoenix. Hopefully, I'll report back with a positive experience!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016