View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewrad View Post
As for jujitsu, I know a couple fellow M6ers who roll on mats, both cervical and lumbar. They go hard too.
Thank you for that input Drewrad, it gives me hope. I feel like every time I talk to anyone at my current gym they're under the impression that should I need spine surgery, it would basically be the end of my 5 1/2 years on the mats. I know 2 guys from a previous gym who had fusion surgeries. One was a C5-C7 two level fusion on a guy in his early 50's and the other was a single level fusion (probably C5-C6) on a younger guy in his late 20's. The older guy just took a bronze in Vegas last weekend at a tournament and when I used to roll with him, I didn't even know he had an ACDF when he was trouncing me all over the mats. When he heard about my neck trouble in December he gave me a reference to the doctor that did both of their fusions, so I'm pretty confident I can get a good job done with fusion should I need one from that particular surgeon, but I'd still like to consider my options as neither of these guys have gone past the 5 year mark yet and who knows what the future holds for them. Also, it's not just the surgeon but the patient case that can affect the outcome. I've never broken a bone in my life, I have no idea if I'd have any kind of bone growth problems or anything like that.
- Considering C6-C7 Mobi-C replacement.