View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 04:37 PM

Well, I'm not entirely sure how to answer those questions. My original rupture in December was terrible. I had weakness, numbness, extreme pain and pins and needles. It went away almost completely until a couple months ago when I got the first "flare-up". Right now is not as bad as either of those. I'm not losing strength and I don't have consistent numbness. But the nerve pain in my scapula just keeps burning mild to moderate throughout the day. It's hard to gauge because I got that injection that shut it all down and then back on prednisone a couple weeks later when I started getting the burn again. Now I've been off all medications for 2 weeks and sure enough it's back. It's just pain mostly, like a nerve burning feeling down my left scapula that likes to occasionally burn down my arm and make my pinky finger side of the hand tingle. I wouldn't say it's getting worse, it's just that it seems permanent without meds. My second MRI actually showed improvement at that level but that was a comparison of August versus last December when it was awful. Oddly enough I got a call from the pain management doctor this morning (never had a doctor call me) who was asking how I was doing and suggested getting another injection in a week. She said generally it takes a "series" of injections to really work well. I'm not sure I buy into that logic, I don't see how cortisone is going to actually "heal" anything and if it hasn't healed on it's own in a year what difference would a few more weeks or months make? I went ahead and scheduled it because it's very important to me that I at least tried every other avenue offered to me first, but I'm not very optimistic. I think it's just going to give me another few weeks of freedom and I'll be in the same exact situation in a month.
- Considering C6-C7 Mobi-C replacement.