Thread: prodisc
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

David,
I wonder the exact same thing. I have seen Dr.Bae at The Spine Center again in Santa Monica and he has recommended a fusion at L5S1 and Prodisc at L4. I asked about doing a discogram to make sure L3 wasn't bad.
He said Ok, but didn't include any mention of this in his report to WC.

WC sent him a letter asserting a "good faith dispute" because he didn't so some things like sign the report, and other things.

He has been kindly asked to link the proposal for this surgery to the original injury and back everything up with evidence based medicine.

My Primary Treating Physician who I've seen over the last 9 years wants to use Charite at L4 and do a fusion at L5S1 pending discogram which WC denied to decide if L3 was problematic or not...

I held out for going with The Spine Center because of use of Prodisc and possible 2 levels if needed as I thought that was what was going to be FDA approved since it was a 2 level study.

It seems I've made a mess of things now since WC is trying to settle me out, but first to prove there is no relationship between the injury I originally sustained, and surgery being proposed.

See you in Germany?