View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 AM

Thanks for everyone's words and support! I am out of the hospital now, and staying comfortably at the Römerhof. I do have a bunch of stuff written down that I want to post (on my normal website), but it is on my laptop. Hopefully, I will be able to get an internet connection for that soon, and then all will be good (I am using the public computer in the Römerhof lobby).

For the most part, everything went very well. The first day after surgery, of course, sucked.

The second day was actually worse, because they took me off of their pain medication, and told me (in a semi-medicated state) to start taking my own pain medication (which was right next to me). Now, I do recall that conversation, but it really didn't stick in my head, so I ended up having a huge crash in my system of NO drugs at all. Very, very, ganz Scheiße!

Anita ended up fixing the problem, and supposedly, a lot of people got yelled at by Dr. B`s staff for doing that (I was told by Anita that Dr. B was very upset with the whole situation.

I left the hospital on Saturday morning, which was a weird situation. I had to ask a couple of nurses a couple of times (speaking German does help) that all I had to do was to say Auf Wiedersehen, and leave).

Skip ahead to today (Sunday, around 1:15pm), and I feel utterly fantastic! I walk about 3x per day, and always remind myself that slow and steady wins the race!

Other than normal incision pain, and probably a bit of muscule irritation in my back, I feel almost like a human being again.

David