View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Mimi, congratulations. You have joined the ranks of those who are on the other side of ADR surgery. For most, they are so happy that they decided to proceed. They are doing well and tend to improve over time. Even after we plateau, a little while later we are able to achieve an enhanced level of activity and even more comfort.

For me, I sometimes think back just a couple of weeks and notice that some weakness or discomfort has disappeared. As I don't evaluate every few days, this is a normal situation. And I am not quite 4 months post-op. The early days of frustration when progress was not "fast enough" has evolved to more than just relief but great satisfaction. You too will notice not only the immediate relief but gradual improvement in so many areas.

This group will have to remind me again if I ever feel anxious or cannot do the things I used to do when I was 20.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.