Thread: Prehab
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 AM

Jenni:
I've thought alot about your question and concept of "prehab" (great term!)and my response has somewhat evolved. I am a cervie, too, and my trapezius and scalene muscles have been in spasm since my injury--one of my hopes is that with surgery they might finally begin to relax, so your mentioning these particular muscles as problem areas post-surgery made me gasp (!). As you say, it sure would be nice if cervical ADR patients would post detailed accounts. At any rate, I do have specific exercises for these muscles prescribed by my PT and was going to post them but then felt uncomfortable because I don't know if they would hurt or help you (sort of like giving out prescription medicines). However, I will post them if you'd like. But my thought is that this whole issue is probably a question to be added to the list of pre-surgery questions--and if you do get a referral to a PT, to ask him. Bottom line is, thank you for raising this issue--I have added it to my own list of questions. Again, I would be happy to post the exercises I am already doing.
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6