View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Made a decision

Hello,

I decided to go the most conservative surgical route, transforaminal endoscopic discectomy at L3-L4. I am 5 days post-op today. So far I am doing pretty good. My leg pain is gone, and I’m very happy about that. I can sleep again.

During the first couple of days there was very moderate discomfort in my back. I hardly took any pain pills. Now on day 5 I still have moderate pain and I’m not taking any pain pills, but the back pain is similar to pre-op pain. I’m hoping this will get better over the next few days. My surgeon had told me it should be better. I’ve been walking a couple of times per day and walking feels good. I am definitely standing straighter and able to walk better and farther post-op. I’m a little nervous that the back pain will stay at a similar level to what it was before the surgery.

I’m going to try and stay positive and work toward a pain free life. I’m hoping to get back to living and avoid any future surgery. I’ll try to update my recovery periodically. Thanks for any comments.