View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancher View Post
Hello,

I decided to go the most conservative surgical route, transforaminal endoscopic discectomy at L3-L4. I am 5 days post-op today. So far I am doing pretty good. My leg pain is gone, and I’m very happy about that. I can sleep again.

During the first couple of days there was very moderate discomfort in my back. I hardly took any pain pills. Now on day 5 I still have moderate pain and I’m not taking any pain pills, but the back pain is similar to pre-op pain. I’m hoping this will get better over the next few days. My surgeon had told me it should be better. I’ve been walking a couple of times per day and walking feels good. I am definitely standing straighter and able to walk better and farther post-op. I’m a little nervous that the back pain will stay at a similar level to what it was before the surgery.

I’m going to try and stay positive and work toward a pain free life. I’m hoping to get back to living and avoid any future surgery. I’ll try to update my recovery periodically. Thanks for any comments.
Staying positive is definitely important. A lot of people get down on their selves too fast which often has a direct impact on how they feel physically. Any added levels of stress and anxiety won't help. You're still not far removed from surgery so the pain level you're experiencing is normal at this stage.

Hope everything works out for you, keep us posted!