View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 AM

This reply is from Jim; I comment because osteopenia and osteoporosis is generally thought to a problem only for older women. I had a Dexa scan in my early 40's prior to knee surgery and found that I was something like -1.9. It can happen, especially if your diet in your earlier years wasn't optimum; which, between food allergies and to much sugar, mine wasn't. On that note, I also never broke a bone so ended up with quite a surprise with the Dexa scan result.

My advice is to start your own research. The osteoporosis drugs can lead to some very bad side effects like bone necrosis so they should only be used when clearly required. Talking with a naturopath about your diet and best means to use supplements to encourage healthy bone growth is probably the best, albeit the slowest, means to address this. If your impending ADR surgery has you on a time clock, though, it might be necessary to balance supplements and diet against the faster response of the osteoporosis drugs to get you to a safe point for your surgery.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog