Thread: New to DDD
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 AM

I'll look into it for sure... I've already been doing lumbro-sacral stabilization excercises and the rebuild your back program. Every minor flexion (forward or backward) seems to aggrevate the tingles and numbness.

Like I said earlier, I've dealt with approximately 4 injuries (bulges/protrusions) at the same level over the past 10 years. I was overweight for quite a while and didn't care for my lower back properly. Each injury required months of rest and physio to get bck up and running. Yoga really helped to stabilize my core over the past 5 years and I've been doing great until my dog tripped me down the stairs last August. It seems to have been the final straw that "broke" both the camel's and my back. This one doesn't seem to be getting better and the redicular symptoms are actually getting worse. Hence my concern about nerve damage. I guess that's why its called degenerative disc disease - it keeps getting worse?

I haven't really been able to sit still for very long unless I'm on NSAID's for about 6 months and have found the only time I'm comfortable is:

1) walking - Tough to do when it's been -20C almost all winter
2) laying on a couch or on the ground to play with my kid. Getting up to chase her is another story!

Swimming really wasn't as easy on my back as I had hoped it would be... so I might try deep water running for a while.

I'll look into the McGill stuff too.

At what point does someone decide enough is enough and go for ADR surgery?