01 - start of severe leg & back pain
02 - L3-L4 herniated disc - in hospital 5 days
04 - DDD L4/L5/S1
07 - Prodisc L4/L5
08 - return of leg & back pain
09 - Prodisc L5/S1
no relief & pain increasing + other complications

Hi everyone,
Above is the story of my back. I think I have tried just about everything for pain, meds, massage, acupuncture, epidurals, diets, creams , belts, drinks etc… with no great or lasting effect. In 2004 I was diagnosed with DDD and told I was a perfect candidate for Prodisc. Discogram showed L4/L5 for sure with possibly L5/S1 needing to be done. Oct. 2007 I had it done. The night of the operation they got me on my feet and for the first time in years I had no back or leg pain, there was pain from the surgery, but the regular back and leg pain was gone! I was the happiest man in the world. When I got home within a week I was off all meds – I had been on 80 mg of Oxy a day + 6-8 percs. It was great to live without having to take pills. That only last 3 months before the pain started to come back. Within 6 months I back to where I was before, taking pills to get out of bed. Another discogram confirmed L5/S1 was needed to be done. Aug 2009 I had it done by the same surgeon, this time the results was not like the first time. There was no relief in the pain and now the pain has increased in the last year to the point where I take more pain meds than I did before. I’ve experienced nerve problems and things not working right down there and I cannot go to the bathroom without laxatives. My doctors are at a loss. It was my hope when I found this site that maybe someone else has had similar trouble and may have some suggestion? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
01 - start of severe leg & back pain
02 - L3-L4 herniated disc - in hospital 5 days
04 - DDD L4/L5/S1
07 - Prodisc L4/L5
08 - return of leg & back pain
09 - Prodisc L5/S1
no releif & pain increasing + other complications