View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 AM

Red face Bad news found out suddenly ...

Hi I am Lauren, I am 36 I have had 2 cervical surgeries 2005 and 2010. The first surgery was a double discectomy w/ fusion. Never had problems with this one, still looks great on X-rays and MRI. However my second surgery in 2010 I had an ADR at C4. Everything seemed fine and as of 2 years ago it was perfect in place.

Well after deciding I would like to lose weight I started at the gym. Only doing cardio and added weight training.

Well on March 28th after working out with my trainer on my lats and shoulders, I began feeling weird pain in my L tricep. As the day went on it got worse and worse. The weekend was horrible. I went to the ER on Monday (3/31) afraid it was my heart. ER Dr. said it was a muscle spasm and that was it, I tried to explain I knew it wasn't. He referred me to a Ortho.

When I got home I called my PCP and asked her where she thought I should go. So I called KSF and made an appt with them for the following Weds (2 days later).

After they did some x-rays they could see what part of the problem was (picture below) My C4 AD has slipped out over 50% toward the front of my neck. Sometimes it rubs against my esophagus and makes it hard to swallow. They then made me see the Neuro-Ortho and he had me do an MRI. He doesn't think the pain, numbness, and tingling in my complete L arm isn't from the C4 but from my C7. But he wants the MRI to make sure.

So now I am in limbo waiting and waiting for info...... I hate this part....

[IMG][/IMG]