View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romakis View Post
No doubt it makes sense to do ADR in Europe, where there is experience and the st technology. I am mostly warried about L5-S1 level, and how good M6-L disks are for this level..
When I was with Dr. Zeegers and talking about disc's. I mentioned to him about the M6. I saw alot of cool videos on it etc. Dr Zeegers told me he had reservations about the M6 and said it was not designed to hold the load at the l5/s1 level. He has seen failures at the l5/s1 level because of the M6. He also indicated that he has seen more removal of M6's. And I also found alot on the net. But I also found alot of success stories. At the end of the day, M6 is good for other levels then l5/s1

The Activ-L he only had to remove once, and this was due to an older lady with bad osteoporosis. He has been using the Activ-L for years. Activ-L was designed to hold the stress of the l5/s1 level.

I did alot of research on the M6 vs the Activ-L and one of the down falls is that you only get one chance to put it in where as the Activ-L, if he doesn't like the placement, he can replace it until it's perfect.

I went with DR Z because he has been doing it since 89 and is the pioneer in that field. I dealt with him directly. No admins, etc.. him directly. skype calls etc. If anything went wrong, at least I did it with the best right?

After he was done with the full diagnosis, I let him choose the disc he thought was the best for my spine since he's the expert and I am not

Granted I am kinda bisis since I only have one dr. experience. But I couldn't find any dirt on him, only raving reviews. Other Dr's I could find dirt pretty easy. People having issues and the Dr's no longer responding to their clients etc. This was another one of my deciding factors. Dr. Zeegers will still take time out of his day to answer my emails, or even to have a quick call even if it's 12am his time.

All said in done, after you have done your homework, I am sure you will make the best decision for yourself. I spent about 1 year of research and reaching out to DR all over the world before I settled on DR. Z.

Cheers

Karger