Thread: Prehab
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:09 PM

A few weeks pre-op (I hope!), I've been thinking a lot about "prehab" PT ... getting ready for surgery, getting stronger to help with recovery, learning new body mechanics so I'll have "muscle memory" before I need it.

So I want to ask post-op folks: What did you do (or wish you'd done/avoided) to get physically ready for surgery and recovery? Did you change your PT/exercise routine? Are there muscle groups, exercises, techniques, etc. that you can recommend or discourage?

I have an appt. with a new doc in a few days (to establish a relationship for stateside follow-up care), and I hope he'll recommend a PT he likes that will offer me specifics. I guess I'm more interested in your personal experiences and general advice?

I'm a 3 or 4 level cervie (so particularly interested in responses from other cervies, but this is an area with lots of overlap, so ... anybody? Please?

and Thanks!
Jennifer

p.s. Alright Harrison, your excellent GPR post pushed me over the thinking-about-it/must-post edge Thanks for the info, as always!