View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Question Roller Coasters Post ADR ... to what extent have you pushed your ADR?

So, would it not be wise to consider climbing aboard one of those roller coasters at Disney World with an ADR which was done nearly 2 years ago? It's a Charite L5 S1.

To what extent have you pushed your ADR?

Symptoms post ADR are consistent discomfort at the L5 area (about a 4 or 5). In addition regular discomfort down the left butt and upper left leg (almost like a "charlie-horse" type of feeling). I walk fine and get around fine although sleep is not as comfy as it was 3 years ago.

I have been VERY, VERY carefull with my body post ADR -- avoiding running, shoveling snow, lifting heavy objects, bundgie jumping, cliff diving, etc. Basically avoiding physical activities that could put myself in a position to hurt myself (or damage the ADR). Generally I've experienced a huge slowdown by being overly cautious. Boring....

BUT I DO WANT TO GET BACK OUT THERE and have some fun (within reason).

My Doc says that I'm as solid as steel. The signs at Disney say "avoid this ride if you have heart trouble or back problems".
Male, age 42, Hgt 6’ 1”, 195 lbs, Non-smoker, active retail sales manager, pain pre-ADR was chronic & "energy reducing".
02-01-08 Pain levels dropping. Energy good. getting Activity back.
05-02-08 Return to Work
05/08-05/09 Significant anxiety and depression due to loss of job (25 years).
08-16-09 Accepting pain levels of 4/5 at L5 area and left butt / upper left leg areas (charlie horse type of feeling).