View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are there any four level ADR success stories out there? I am being worn down by pain and depression. Thanks for being here!
Hi Diane,

Yes, there are four-level cervical success stories and I'd be glad to put you in touch with one of them if you like. I observed the surgery myself here in France, on a Board member who traveled here for the procedure in January. The surgeon was Dr Phong Dam Hieu and the prosthesis used was the Mobi-C. A second 4-level was done two months ago by DR DH on a 37 year-old woman who is also doing beautifully after serious pain and nerve symptoms in all 4 members. I just saw pics of her in extension and flexion and she does better than me on both--it's amazing. However, unless you speak French I won't be able to give you her number

I also believe there's a 4-level pilot who is a patient of Dr Bertagnoli (Germany) who is doing well too. That was a Pro-disc surgery. Think his name was Randy, but I have no idea how to contact him. I'm pretty sure someone will be able to track him down for you.

I may be wrong, but I fear that for four-level cervical surgery you may have to go abroad. I'm unaware of any four-level operations in the US and they're not every day experiences in Europe either, but they CAN be done and there are skilled surgeons who DO. Don't lose hope.

I'd be glad to get you another opinion on your case if it can help. Dr DH does not charge for evals and has given them to several here on the Board. But strictly from one cervie to another: I'd be leery about fusing three levels and leaving 'serious stenosis' in a fourth. That would not feel right to me and I advise you to get more opinions on your case before you make a decision. Feel free to contact me if you'd like a hand in that direction.

Hang in there; you might FEEL alone but you're not.

Trace