View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM

Wow, had a great day two days ago, followed by a not so great, to today which is another really good one!

I think being stretched open for so long is starting to finally heal. Also started taking l-carnitine for nerve healing.

A couple cafés have adopted me as their token Americano, getting into a rhythm here. Walking and even sitting today all through breakfast! Wow! Sitting through an entire meal on day 14 postop is a total miracle! Haven't been able to sit for a long time, still getting used to the idea but having no pain while doing it, what a pleasure that was!

And Spain is beautiful, even if I miss the family back home. May even get to the beach tomorrow, that's how good I'm starting to feel. Praise God.

And didn't even have to pop a Valium the entire time since I've been here. Keeping the drug monster at bay. May even taper on the paracetamols and tramadols soon.

And had a really weird dream early this morning when I woke up that I met Vladimir Putin. When we shook hands he was surprised at how strong my grip was and, inspecting my forearm, wanted to know my secret. Not sure what that was about.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.