View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 PM

Boxer,
The questions you pose above are legitimate. I'm in the same boat you are, and each of us on this board are somewhere in the process of answering these same questions.
Recently I had a long talk with my best friend about this, you know the best friend that has no problem calling you out on your bull****? It was his take that I needed to approach this by making a list of all my questions and researching to find the answers. then I have to figure out how they all fit into my desired outcome.
I know that I will never be 100% again. Which is really hard to swallow. But will I be better/happier if I get to 80%? Will I be elated if I get to 90%? I don't know frankly.
The chronic pain, mixed with the masking drugs doesn't let you even know WHERE you are on that path. I feel like I'm 50% of the *old* me. But maybe I'm 40% or 70% who knows?
Each of us has to go down this path differently. I'm choosing to get my answers, decide if I *think* the odds of improvement are worth it, then I'm gonna jump in headfirst and do everything in my power to make it work. Because anyone will tell you it won't work if you believe it won't.

Just my $.02
Mike

2006-2011 Chiro, epidural steroids, nsaids, PT for L4-5 bulge/annular tear
April 25th 2012 35MPH rear end collision, blows out L4-5 and ADDS a tear in C4-5
Cancelled ADR to continue conservative therapies
April 10th 2013: Insurance re-approved and I'm scheduling lumbar ADR for end of the month!
*schedule* ADR Prodisc L April 29th 2013
5-2-2013 ADR using Prodisc L
7-10-2013 New MRI on neck. Surgeon DOES NOT recommend ADR for Cervical.

"I'll be your Huckleberry"