ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Default New to Site and looking for stories of success

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this site. Having just discovered that surgeons want to correct my recent shoulder pain by removing 3 cervical discs and fusing the vertebra, I went looking on the internet for an alternative. It seems that most of what I read is negative. I don't see much material related to success out there with either fusion or disc replacement. This has thrown me into a depressive state. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've got to believe that since disc replacement has been around for 25 years there must be some success out there. Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone, my name is Nick. I have degenerative discs in my neck at c5, c6 and c7. I began to notice problems with these about 12 years ago when I experienced pain in my right shoulder after playing tennis. This was cured by an epidural injection and I have had no pain until about 3 weeks ago (late April, 2011). I now have significant pain in my left shoulder that 2 surgeons want to cure by removing all 3 discs with a spinal fusion.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Keep reading the stories... there are many successes too. I agree with what was mentioned as a general observation not too long ago: A lot of the people who are having problems are looking for help, while presumably many of the people doing great are out living and not posting anymore. But there are success stories - especially with cervical. (Don't have my story to share yet!)
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/