ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 PM

Talking New member

Hello! I AM Rebecca, and I have been looking for a trained surgeon with the perfect 2 level cervical ADR for me. I have DDD with SPINAL stenosis, ARM pain in both, REVERSE lordosis & Myopathy. I AM on pain medication and so I AM waiting to here about a surgeon in or around the Seattle areas with an ADR that can absorb shock. I AM an avid horse rider and also like hiking. So I AM active and would not want the first generation, hard surface on hard surface ADR. I would want the M6 but that is only in Germany, and too far away!

Any good info would help! Rufus2000 (Rebecca)
I have CERVICAL DISC DISEASE with SPINAL STENOSIS, REVERSE LORDOSIS, arm / neck pain, Myopathy. I AM told I need two levels done in my neck. I went to a Neurologist surgeon that wanted to fuse me & I said no. I am an active hiker / horseback rider.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 PM

Rebecca,

Condolences on your condition and welcome. And congratulations on realizing that there is a better way than fusion. You've got a lot of research to do, but sound like you've already started.

The NuVasive NeoDisc trial ended in 2010, but I've not heard of anyone receiving that disc in the US; and I don't know if the trial was successful. That is the only cervical ADR I'm aware of that cushions axial compression that has been through an FDA trial. Does anyone know the result of that trial?

You'll find a lot of useful experiences on this site.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 03-05-2014, 05:40 PM

Is there a Freedom disc cervical?

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Rebecca,

Dr. Richard Wohns at Neospine is in Puyallup, Wa. He is my Dr. I will be having two level ADR surgery at c5-6 and 6-7 as soon as I get through the appeal process with my insurance. The FDA has approved mobi-c for two levels in the neck. He is very knowledgeable and had practically every artificial disc model in the exam room for looking at first hand.

Hope this helps.

Kelly
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015
Old 03-06-2014, 01:29 AM

Cool Thanks to all for your resposes!

I have been checking around for about a year, and there are some potential IDE cervical implants. The FREEDOM AXOMEDs ADR, & a FEW others that are absorb axial shock-go to this and see some. I think it is a marketing site.

ADR

Also see the FDA's site too, I think it is under NEW SURGICAL DEVISE. But the US is so slow to approve them.

I don't think I have any time to wait for that newer technology.

Thanks Kelly I will go see the Dr. In Puyallup at the spine center. I will let you all know what he says!:clap:
I have CERVICAL DISC DISEASE with SPINAL STENOSIS, REVERSE LORDOSIS, arm / neck pain, Myopathy. I AM told I need two levels done in my neck. I went to a Neurologist surgeon that wanted to fuse me & I said no. I am an active hiker / horseback rider.