ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Naturopathic Corner

The Naturopathic Corner This forum contains posts relating to natural and alternative therapies, general nutrition and nutritional therapies, supplementation and more.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:33 PM

Default Opioid withdrawal mega C

Just an observation here people. I have been on Oxy n Fent for a while. I recently lost 80 pounds n wanted to see how bad pain really was but stopping addicting drugs is tough mentally n physically! I read about mega vitamin C dosing n all I can tell you is it works as advertised on the web. Just my two cents! Hope someone can benefit from it.
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
No invasive procedures except steroid shots that did nothing n hurt wicked bad
9/24/2016 Adr surgery Bertagnoli>1 year doing great
Old 07-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Thanks for this and caring about others. As you may know, liposomal C has far better absorption...way better. Moving this to the Naturopathic forum.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-18-2016, 11:05 AM

Default Yes

That's true and I have used it. But it usually must be ordered and costs 40 used for about a 5 day supply for my needs. The cheap acid version works better for me but cause going potty quite often n tears your stomach up a bit. The liposomal does work better but not 100 dollars better for me. Also read the Articles they suggest other supplements. This post was to get people to investigate as there are lengthy peer reviewed science papers written on this subject but not very many. You will read most people shooting it down as rediculous but it worked as advertised for me. Unfortunately they say vitamin C also relieves pain, while it did in fact reduce pain it wasn't to a degree with which I could bear. I have gotten to 15 days narcotic free but got stupid and want to go to gym n work out thus throwing my back out causing unbearable pain. I'm hoping ADR surgery will reduce my pain to a bearable level and await the day to be medicine free!

Demons come in many forms! I feel the WC and back pain industry in the USA is broken and has any problems but that's an entire book I hope to write some day. I forget but there's a particular site that touts this system. I just want to be the bearer of HOPE for our community here as I have received hope here from many.
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
Old 10-30-2017, 12:35 PM

Just an update I stop opiates 3 month after surgery I used liposomal vit I did go thru a bad withdrawal but had no digestive disorders or desire to do opiates. My body tingled for a month and usually bad at night. I'm sure it wasn't correct to do but I drank alcohol n it really helped a lot to relieve those "Crawls". There's a lot of literature out there. But basically if you quit cold turkey your gonna suffer immensely but it's totally doable like healing from a broken femur. I read on it for months n basically if your taking cause your in pain it won't be too hard mentally. I sure I was on lethal doses as compared to most as I was self medicating since the medical system is broke here. As long as I worked I got 2 80 mg OxyContin n 6 30 mg oxycodone. When I couldn't work no more n refused shots they gave me 6 colindine ? And said good bye.

I would say the vitamin c definitely helped and was worth the 100 bucks for liposomal. I bought two bottles