ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Default New here

Hello to everybody! I had ADR on 9/10/12 and am still in a lot of pain. I will post in the post surgery category but I don't know what kind of device was put into my neck at C 5/6. The "staples" as my doctor called them look like the fangs of a cat.

Does anybody know what kind of device this is?

Thank you kindly for your time. Also, I really appreciate having found this forum. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these types of surgeries.

I am a 52 yo female.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Hello to everybody! I had ADR on 9/10/12 and am still in a lot of pain. I will post in the post surgery category but I don't know what kind of device was put into my neck at C 5/6. The "staples" as my doctor called them look like the fangs of a cat.

Does anybody know what kind of device this is?
DEL.TEXT
I am a 52 yo female.
Best wishes from California. I have no idea what kind of device was used. May I please suggest ask the surgeon about the device brand/mfg when the staples are removed?

There are a couple of approved Cervical Artificial Discs in the United States. Please don't feel alone about not knowing what kind of device was put in place. My next-door neighbor got a Cervical ADR after some discussions.

My neighbor did not know which device was put in her neck. She knows that now she can sleep at night and she had two (2) children since the surgery.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Thank you so much for the info, slackwater. I left a mssg with the surgeon at 8 AM and called again at 4:30 PM. Have not heard from him. The girl that coordinates hiis surgeries cannot tell from the notes what the device was.

The staple are permamently in place in the upper and lower vertebrae to hold it in place.

I asked her if he was planning on calling me back and she said he'd been in surgery all day. This is beginnning to sound like some of the horror stories I have read.

Thanks again and I will post more info under post surgery thread.