ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default Donations to the Arthroplasty Patient Foundation

Many thanks to the community members who donated to our cause by credit card or Paypal on 2008! Your donations of $1535 have helped in part to build the new corporate web site (launching in May). So, many thanks to these community members:
Daniel, Lynda, William, Allan, Terrance, Justin, Sandra, Roman, Cindy, Richard, Liz, Gary, Mary, Timothy, Steven, Angela, Susan S., Kris , Catherine, Palmer, Rajendra, Jim & Laura.
My goal is to raise $1 million for projects this year from private foundations, individual donors and corporations. I’d like to raise $100,000 from this community, where you as the donor can decide which project your donation will support. Some of these vital projects include:
  • Hiring grant writers, so the foundation can become funded, survive and prosper. We need $30,000 to hire a grant writer; and $1000 for each intern (hopefully two).
  • Recruit analysts to review clinical efficacy data from multiple sources (from both private and public sources of information; primary and secondary research, US and international), and then publish papers to this community and to the public. These folks are expensive, but we can start one part-timer with $50,000.
  • Continue to build the organization; hire staff, conduct board meetings and find an office. Some of these needs may be covered by grants, but unrestricted grants (seed money) are hard to find these days. $20,000 will cover some of the travel and room rental costs for this year.
There are other impactful projects in the works, but I’ll update you later on these. If you can help our worthy cause in advocating for the LARGEST neglected minority in America – millions of spine patients – please consider making a donation today, via:

- Paypal (temporary link here)
- Credit card (same as Paypal link, you don’t need a PayPal account)
- American Express’ Donation Program – you can donate your points, or use your card via the Giving Express Program. The link to the Arthroplasty Patient Foundation is here.
- Sending a check to the foundation address.
- Mail me winning lottery tickets!? (just kidding, but maybe we should start a pool).

Remember that the Arthroplasty Patient Foundation is a 501 c 3 non-profit, so all your donations are tax-deductible. Thank you all, for contributing to a cause that is making a difference!

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default Quick Update

2009 is turning out to be a tough year for everyone and this new foundation is no different. We’ve received app. $350 in donations so far year to date. Help our cause by donating to receive the new video, “Getting Back on Their Feet,” or simply donate because you want to continue the mission of the new Arthroplasty Patient Foundation.

Good health and peace to you – and all of us – in the days ahead.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate