ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 AM

One more thing, not that it makes a difference to you personally, but I actually disagree with Dr Clavel's assessment that the osteophyte is the main cause of my scoliosis.... I didn't pass the middle school "scoliosis screen" and had leg pain and numbness at 12 years old. I'm quite sure I didn't have osteophyte formation at that age. I tell you this, just so you really know yourself well and consider questioning others thoroughly, which sounds like you have no problems doing.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROCEDURE SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO DO IT!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Brett -

Not sure if you're still scheduled but wishing you the best of luck!!

Tyler

ps - I also had some scoliosis in the affected region (potentially the result of a motorcycle accident years ago that led to the affected discs being very compressed on one side) - but it was regarded as mild and hasn't been an issue.
Completely off of pain meds since a few days post-op and symptom-free; have returned to cycling, climbing and all other activities (but staying off the motorcycle)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have decided to put off surgery until the summer months. I am getting married in April and wish to be in adequate shape for our honeymoon. I have been sick and was forced to postpone the surgery anyway. This will give me more time to research the issue further and perhaps find another doctor with more experience to do the procedure.
Epidural injections
Discogram
IDET procedure relief for several years
4 years of periodic pain have returned
PRODISC-L Scheduled for
Jan.4 2011(Canceled)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrill View Post
... I am getting married in April and wish to be in adequate shape for our honeymoon...
CONGRATULATIONS! Spine surgery is SMALL compared to that! We just passed 28 years and I'd do it all again.

Speaking of the honeymoon, will ya'll be traveling? If so, where?

Again, congrats!

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Speaking of the honeymoon, will ya'll be traveling? If so, where?

Jeff
I think we are pretty set on Costa Rica. I am not sure if I am willing to go on such an active honeymoon though. Costa Rica is a pretty active vacation, including a lot of time in a rental car. So, we'll see. The last thing I want is to have my back go out while on my honeymoon.

Congrats on your 28 years. I admire those who have stayed together. I have found me a keeper!
Epidural injections
Discogram
IDET procedure relief for several years
4 years of periodic pain have returned
PRODISC-L Scheduled for
Jan.4 2011(Canceled)
Old 01-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrill View Post
I think we are pretty set on Costa Rica. I am not sure if I am willing to go on such an active honeymoon though. Costa Rica is a pretty active vacation, including a lot of time in a rental car. So, we'll see. The last thing I want is to have my back go out while on my honeymoon.
Congrats Brett!! And Costa Rica's a wonderful place with lots of different options, plus you can replace the sometimes bumpy car trips with some pretty cheap internal flights. Have fun!
Completely off of pain meds since a few days post-op and symptom-free; have returned to cycling, climbing and all other activities (but staying off the motorcycle)