ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Naturopathic Corner

The Naturopathic Corner This forum contains posts relating to natural and alternative therapies, general nutrition and nutritional therapies, supplementation and more.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 PM

Default TRT, HG and Bone Density

Hello, haven't checked in for awhile. Doing good. Almost three years since my surgery.

Was curious if anyone has tried GH or Deca? I have been on medically prescribed TRT for over three years now. I was on low end of the T spectrum and wanted to get my bone density up before my surgery since I never want subsidence. I also do a fair amount of sunlight to harvest Vit D which is also a natural steroid by the way to make my calcium stock go up inside the bones.

The T is great too. It helps in other areas as well. Can't believe it isn't prescribed more. HMOs are disgusting here in the States and corrupt.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone with ADR/fusion has tried anything else. I heard Deca is great for re-collageniating joints(is that a word? It is now) And that GH is great in that it powers out massive amounts of IGF-1 which are amazing soft tissue builders.

Why would I be interested you might ask if I'm already doing great? Answer: Because I have other joints in my body too! I have knees to protect and I work out everyday. I also want to protect all the rest of my joints. I also have a thoracic bulge at T 11/12 before I went to Spain that I would like to heal up more if possible.

Anyway, the TRT is great but was wondering if anyone had any experience using other agents for bone and joint health like Deca or HG.

I hear HG is great for helping people who had fusions.

Any literature out there?

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Sorry Drew, I can't be much help in this area. I would try to juice 3 or 4 times a week, to get as many micronutrients into the body as you can. Especially important are the greens which supply the K vitamins. You may recall this "juicy" thread -- multi-paged:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10655
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate