ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Question Barbara

Am new to this forum.

Had Pro-Disc replacement at L-5 done in 2002 in Pa. All was great till last year when I began to experience more back pain. After discography done in Sep 2009 seems I have L-3, L-4 now severely degenerated and my doc in Pa can no longer help me. He said I needed to go see Dr Delamarter in Santa Monia Ca -whom I saw April 14, 2010. My doc feels he is the "best". Has anyone has experience with him?

So far it has been almost one month and after numerous phone calls to his office I've yet to have a phone call back from him saying where we go from here? Though he may be the best, I'm not sure if I want to fly 3000 miles again to have surgery done (possible 2 more disc replacements) and put a call in Post Op and have no call back. Anyone deal with him?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Hi Barbara,

I'm sorry you are having more back issues. I've read and heard great things about Dr. Delamarter. I was going to meet with him when I was getting more opinions but I ended up sticking with the surgeon I originally saw. Dr. Carl Lauryssen in Bev Hills. If you can travel I would highly recommend him. I just had a 2 level ADR on 4/20 by him. He is very passionate about his job and you can tell right when he walks into the room that he cares and only wants the best for you. He is part owner of Olympia Medical Center where he does the surgeries at. The staff there is amazing. There really isn't anything bad I could say about my experience with them.

I hope you get answers sooner than later. If you need anything let me know. I love helping and supporting other while they are going through this. It helped me so much being on this forum and I want to pay it forward anyway I can.

::Hugs::
Liz
L3-4 Lrg herniation R leg pain, L leg numbness sometimes they switch it up. weakness both, tingling
L4-5 DDD w/sml herniation,loss height.
Injections
Discogram Pos L4-5
IDET L4-5 / PT
1st EMG pos.
Current MRI, X-Ray not much changed
2nd EMG Pos
12/08 possible 2 level ProDisc ADR
08-current Lost 75lbs
More PT/ Acupuncture.Currently PT @ home 3-4xs a wk. Light cardio using elliptical
2 level ADR on 4/20 been a bumpy road.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM

I had surgery in NYC with Dr. Bitan. He does multiple levels but when I saw him in 2005 it was using the Charite. Not sure what he is up to these days, but he was one of the most experienced doctors at that time in the U.S.

Feeling great!