ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:47 PM

Downloading it from drop box was too long. I put it on YouTube.

Recap, prior to surgery pretty much disabled. My walking aids when I could get out of bed https://www.dropbox.com/s/zekvlqru75v6rih/IMG_0015.JPG

Me now Stone's Any Given Sunday - YouTube
Old 02-25-2014, 12:25 AM

Default Video

Stone great video thanks a lot!!! U look like ur feelin pretty good these days?pushing pulling bending etc. thx again!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:05 AM

Boxer,

Just so you know, I still have many problems with my back. I have MPS, and it kept me home today. So if it isn't my lower back its another part of my back. The surgery didn't make me a spring chicken but it helped immensely. BTW, I never mentioned MPS to any of my doctors that I discussed surgery with, IMO its just to much of a different disease for them to deal with. I'm happy with what I can do today.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:51 AM

Default Adr

Stone I'm sorry to hear about other parts of your back. I'm not familiar with MPS? Can you explain
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 PM

Boxer,

MPS stands for myofascial pain syndrome I have it in my mid to upper back. A relatively good explanation is here Myofascial pain syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, its why I started lyrica back in 2005, why I did prolotherapy and why I'm still at the pain doctor. The lower back pain I had prior to surgery was a whole other thing. I "manage" the MPS. but when my lower back went out that was a whole different thing. It literally took me months to figure out that the lower back pain was different from the MPS. Some differences; with the lower back pain I had no stability when standing, most days showering was out of the question, I had to get different pain meds for it, the lyrica did little to nothing for it and the pain was "different". I've managed MPS in the past so I expect to do it again. I was hoping that the surgery would help but never really expected it to.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Default Adr

So has the surgery lessened your mps symptoms in your lumbar?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM

I never had significant MPS in my lumbar, if I did I'm sure the lyrica would have dealt with it. The MPS was predominate in mid to upper back, the thoracic spine area. MPS is hard to explain. When it flares, and it does flare, brushing my back with a feather is excruciating. Since my prolotherapist moved away I'm looking for another one to deal with it.