ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 PM

I guess I will keep this thread as my personal status update just so anyone who wants to follow along can

So, I'm doing a little better now. I am managing to walk at about a normal human pace without much of a limp. Bad news is I'm a very brisk walker, so normal human pace sucks for me. Better than the alternative, so I'll take what I can get I tried to go w/o vicodin today. About noon, I started noticing I was mosr hobbling than walking....too soon, more vicodin. Oh well. Realizing now that the Maverick probably isn't going to be approved in September or October, I guess I need to make my spine in its current form last until the end of the year. My family has a vacation planned, and I figured my options for going would be walking with the maverick, maybe a pipe dream, but a possibility, wheelchair with the maverick, and probably low pain, maybe some walking on my own Or making my spine last. I guess its option C, which also includes bringing a weeks worth of percecet, I'd rather bring the stronger stuff in case it get bad lol, forget about the damage I'd be doing! The vacation, btw, is pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Egypt, and have some of my mom's friends family members help us around. I'd rather not miss it if at all possible. Good thing I'm young