ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Manufacturer Product Information

Manufacturer Product Information This forum is a repository of information that people find and receive from device makers; e.g. brochures from website. It is NOT a discussion forum. If you find brochures that are not already here, please post them in here.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Default Medtronic

Brochures for Medtronic devices are here.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 11-16-2008, 05:46 AM

Default Prestige Cervical Disc

Prestige Cervical disc information:
http://www.prestigedisc.com/

Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 AM

Default Maverick Artifical Lumbar Disc

Maverick artifical lumbar disc information:
http://www.maverickdisc.com/about-maverick-disc.html

Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry View Post
Maverick artifical lumbar disc information:
http://www.maverickdisc.com/about-maverick-disc.html
I don't see any information on the Maverick disc on their site. Does anyone know why this is? I saw that there was some lawsuit by Synthes (I think), last summer, related to the Maverick disc. Could this be why, or is it that the disc isn't being used in the US?

I was trying to find some information on the Maverick disc, to do some comparison's between that, the Prodisc and Activ-L disc. I think I might have some research article at home making some comparison, but I'm not sure.

So, if anyone has information that compares the different lumbar discs, I'd love to know about it.
L5-S1 Mild disc degeneration with dessication, minimal disc bulging.

PT/medication/acupuncture/ESI's/facet injection

Discogram 12/3/08 confirmed L4/L5 & L5/S1 as pain generators.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM

Default FDA foot dragging

I looked at the FDA site the other day and if my memory serves, The Maverick study is out until mid to late 2010 now and the Activ-L study doesn't finish until 2011 or 2012.

That's two year or more extened to the original Maverick study completion date I believe.

Don

3 level DDD L5-S1 through L3-L4.
"Compressed" L5-S1 in ~1992.
Herniation at L3-L4 and L4-L5
Fusion or ADR in near future
Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 PM

I believe there are 2 Maverick studies going on, one with fusion as a comparitive and the other utilizing the Maverick "A". The second trial is pretty much finished.

From discussions I've had with two surgeons involved in the trials, it should be approved soon. The lawsuit by Synthes has delayed the company from pushing it through with the FDA.
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum
Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 AM

trkdoc, do you know where I can find out whether the Maverick disc has nickel in it? I am highly allergic and there is a chance that I will have two of them inserted. Thanks.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 PM

Maddie,

I know for a fact that the maverick is Chromium and Cobalt. Not sure if there maybe other small amounts of anything else. I have talked with medtronics before on the phone about other things related to the maverick. Don't have the number, but you can call and they will talk with you.

Mark
Multiple facet blocks and epidurals
L5-S1 annular tear 8-08 lased with ELD
October 08 back to work
Old 08-05-2009, 01:18 PM

Hi Mark,

I contacted the Medtronic agent and she said that she can't give me any information about the Maverick disc as it isn't approved in the States, but she's trying to find a Canadian agent to give me more information. She did say that their cervical model, the Prestige, contains about 5% though.

The ProDisc agent said that all of their products contain .02% Nickel. I have contacted the lab that is going to do an allergy blood test to see if they can tell me if that is small enough amount to not cause problems. I don't know how that works.

Thanks for all the help.

Maddie

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Nuts, I contacted the Canadian rep and she would not give me any information, in case she was perceived as 'promoting' their product. I harassed her a bit, explaining that I was trying to save some time for my surgeon, who she said she would talk to, or that I should talk to.

She eventually called back and said there is 'some' nickel in the Maverick. Would not give me any more details, which I found very frustrating. I explained that Maverick was my first choice, but since I could not get specific information, I would have to eliminate them from my list. Since I have five bad levels, and probably more over the coming years, they are losing out on some business.

And that's not including what I pass along to others.

Oh well.