ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Banned

Just wondering how you are as haven't heard from you in a while. Hoping this means you are pain free and back to your very active lifestyle~

Manatee over at BPSG is asking for info re artificial facet and I recall you've posted something on this topic before. Don't know whether you have time to check that forum and address his question~

take care Maria
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the inquiry. I'd love to say that I was totally pain-free and preparing to climb Everest or something like that, but, unfortunately, I've still got some pain issues. I hate to admit that I haven't been keeping up with the artifical facets studies. The last I spoke with someone in that world, the Medicine Lodge folks had just completed successful cadaver studies, but felt that they needed to revise their device to be more minimally invasive for insertion. Not a bad idea as this was the major drawback cited in the 2004 Viscogliosi Bro. report, but, it does mean a significant delay in getting a product to market. After my last round of facet images and diagnostic injections turned out negative, I've stopped trying to do much with my lumbar facets and have been exploring the SI joint as a possible pain generator. I'm trying prolotherapy to stabilize my SI and surrounding ligaments. No miracles yet, but, I'll keep everyone posted just in case it could be useful for someone else.

Right now I'm flying around like a mad woman trying to get ready to go get my collapsed c5/c6 disc replaced with a Prodisc-C by Dr. B in Bogen. My surgery date is 22-APR-05 and I've still got a zillion things to do before I leave. I'm really frightened about surgery near my spinal cord, so, I'm not waiting for that level to get really bad (don't like the idea of Dr. B having to chase posterior ostephytes a gnat's whisker from my spinal cord).

Someone might want to bring up the topic of facet prosthetics at Mark's seminar in May. Although none of the presenters are working on a device per se, they all know what approaches and fixation techniques would be best and the big risks - might be enlightening.

Best Wishes!!!
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Banned

Thanks Laura, best wishes for great results w/cervical surgery!