ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Poncho, I am happy that you are in a new chapter in your life! However, I am selfishly sad, as this means less "Poncharita" chi and care for the community here.

I hope that you can save some of those great neurons for the folks here. Your contributions are amazing, helpful and right on target every time.

Don't go too far!

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-04-2005, 10:02 AM

Sue:

I am glad to hear you are going back to work. I know you will be careful and not put yourself in a bad situation lifting something you shouldn't.

As everyone said, keep the core muscles strong and workout the rest of your body as much as humanly possible and you will do fine. I think the key is having the strength in the rest of your body so one doesn't feel they need to use their back when doing the everyday lifting that they do.

Take care and keep in touch.

Bill

Old 02-04-2005, 02:11 PM

Thanks Andro111 - I will definitely invest in a ball. It seems less traumatic on the spine than other exercises I have seen out there.

Harrison - I'm still going to be around. I'll be working the night shift and will most likely be visiting this site in the mornings after work.

Bill - You and I have come a long ways since this past summer!!! I plan on keeping with a routine to keep up the core.

Like I said though - I only plan to be at the bedside short-term, get squared away and settled in a bit - then move on to something else. Re: Management & MBA. I know that posting these plans here will help encourage me to stick with it and get it done. If I don't - I know that all of my friends here will help light a fire under my butt when I slack off.....
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:05 AM

Just thought I would update to let ya all know that I have managed to survive 2 shifts at the hospital. So far so good. I have been in management positions most recently and ER/Trauma care before that for a few years. I think the hardest part will be learning the hospital's policy & procedures (which vary from facility to facility)...

The back is holding up okay (keeping fingers crossed) as long as I take ibuprofen. I'll most likely change over to Mobic here soon. I also think part of the back aches are weather related...

Anyways, thought I would stop in this am to give a brief update. Time to go to bed (yawn).....
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 AM

Keep it up and watch yourself. Your a smart woman and I know you will be fine. Just don't slack on the exercises!!!!!

Take care and have a good weekend.]

Bill

Old 02-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

Poncho,
Just a word in about the exercise ball. I've used one for years for core exercises. It's great. I also use it to sit on in front of the computer as it's the only thing that doesn't bother my tailbone when sitting long enough to read and reply~ sometimes during a bad flare up can't even use it but it's an awesome an inexpensive piece of exercise equipment.

Great to hear you're surviving your new position! take care and stay well~