ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:28 PM

Default new "old" member

Greetings to all,

I'm back after quite a long absence, and it's very good to see all the familiar "faces".

The arthroscope on my right shoulder over 4 years ago proved to be devastating to the already damaged joint, and the continued loss of ROM and attempting to adjust to a new "normal" has taken a toll.

So, I haven't posted here as this forum is for spine patients, but I was really hoping to find another forum of similar caliber just for shoulder injuries/arthroplasty. Unfortunately, there are none.

As I look back at a post I made in October 2013, it's evident that I cancelled one arthroscope after speaking with Dr. Zeegers. Even though he specialized in spines, he was well versed in many other orthopedic problems, and I believe if I had listened to him there may have been a chance not to have the current diagnosis of severe degenerative OA and proposed treatment of TSR.

The increase in pain over the next few months and the illusion of a conclusive diagnosis in December of that same year was attractive to me, so I went forward and agreed to surgical repair of a torn labrum in Feb., 2014. I will not elaborate on the specifics of the so called "minimally invasive" arthroscopic surgery and everyting else the surgeon elected to do while under anesthesia and most assuredly without previous discussion.

I continue to research alternatives to the TSR because if performed inadequately it may cause even further disability. After fully repatriating in 2014, traveling to Europe for a better standard in orthopedic care is farther out of reach.

With each passing month and the reality that I may never find a suitable treatment for my shoulder OA diagnosis, it's still wonderful to see patients still exchanging good data here and receiving the best care for their spines!

Cheers,
Holly

Torn annulus L4/L5
Succesful ADR (Active L), Aug., 2009
Bonn, GE - Dr. Zeegers
Old 03-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Question

Holly, sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for your thoughtful post. Hey, when was your last imaging for your shoulder done? What was the assessment by the radiologist?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-11-2018, 08:56 PM

stay as pain free as you can
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
No invasive procedures except steroid shots that did nothing n hurt wicked bad
9/24/2016 Adr surgery Bertagnoli>1 year doing great