ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Default new member

Hello to all. Have compression between C2-3, C3-4, C4-5, and C5-6. Had posterior foraminotomy at C5-6 left side to relieve pain down left arm and left thumb, and percutaneous laser of facets. Pain relieved in left thumb, but cannot turn my head to left more than 35 degrees. I need more movement to my left for golf. Considering multi-level foraminotomy and multi-level ADR.

lawrence
Old 10-18-2010, 04:27 PM

Lawrence,

I've had fusions at C4/5 and C5/6, and ADR at C3/4 and C6/7; so I really do "feel your pain".

If you end up going the posterior foraminotomy route, it may not necessarily preclude ADR in the future if that becomes necessary. This weekend I read a study in which 15 patients that had undergone ACDF and/or posterior foraminotomies in previous years underwent one, two or three ADRs with the Bryan artificial disc. Six of the participants had undergone one, two or three posterior foraminotomies and then received an ADR at one, two or three of the levels at which they had undergone the foraminotomies.

If you want the full text of the study, PM me your email and I shoot it over to you.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 11-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Hi Lawrence -

Just back from trekking and saw your post here and on Marti's thread. Have you already consulted with docs regarding ADR?

I actually considered foraminotomy as well but most felt it wouldn't adequately fix the underlying situation I had at the affected levels and they were concerned about ADR after foraminotomy, although I know people have done it as Jeff notes.

If you're interested in learning more about the M6 discs that Jeff, Marti and I had, there are patients and surgical outcome threads at the following group page:
http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/groups/m6-ers/

If you have any questions or I can be of further help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best,
Tyler
Completely off of pain meds since a few days post-op and symptom-free; have returned to cycling, climbing and all other activities (but staying off the motorcycle)