ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Arthroplasty Central

Arthroplasty Central Discussion, news and insights that focus specifically on artificial disc replacement and arthroplasty are here.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 PM

I am going to Straubing July 10 for cervical adr on July 12.Two levels definite,maybe three depending on tests.Have been told to wire funds to bank in Cyprus.Is this legit or am I too paranoid?Any help is greatly appreciated and I will gladly help anyone else when I get the chance.Thanks to all.REX.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:30 PM

I had the same thoughts when I was told to wire money to a bank in Germany for my surgery. Let me know how your surgery goes. I can't afford to pay for mine and therefore didn't wire the money. I am waiting to see if I can get insurance to cover it but I don't have much hope after reading other postings. Good Luck!
Waiting for ADR, Not So Patiently!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:17 AM

I had the same fear after wiring my money to account for Bertagnoli. Always in back of mind, am I being scammed, is the whole deal a scam, lots of funny thoughts like that. But of course, it was all legit.

I would suggest calling there if your afraid the account isn't correct, speak with person that sent you information directly and then send the funds. Also there is surely someone on here that has recently sent funds as well. That is what I did, I asked one of the people on line here that I knew just got back from Vienna and they confirmed the account.

All a big step, good luck with everything!!

Bill

Old 06-30-2005, 07:31 AM

Welcome to the forum, new folks! Please be aware that many of the questions you want to ask may very well have already been answered and can be easily researched utilizing the Search link in the upper right of every forum page.

If you had searched (remember to select the All Forums pulldown choice) using the term "cyprus" you would have immediately come up with the answer to your question. Here's the link:

http://www.adrsupport.org/private-cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cg...;f=3;t=000255#000000

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:44 AM

The bank in Cyprus legit and it took a few reminders and four months to get the final bill! They do things differently in Europe!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.I have received notes on email and here on the board and I am very grateful.I just wish I had found all of you sooner.I will put more of my medical history on this weekend when I have more time and some coherent moments.Really tired of pain meds,I think,that is if I remember correctly.I will post after surgery so if anyone is going to Straubing go ahead and have some things you want me to check out for you.Will help out any way I can.Rex.