ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM

Default AlphaKlinik in bankruptcy?

Hello all.

I am in the middle of getting an evaluation from Dr. Zeegers and learned recently that ALphaKlinik filed BK and at the end of August was taken over by another clinic. The AlphaKlinik website now directs to this other clinic and discussions of their expansion plans. They have different doctors and there is no mention of Zeegers on their site.

I saw elsewhere on the web that someone said Zeegers' part of the clinic -- Hoogland -- was really a separate clinic and will continue to function unchanged. But I have no idea if that is true.

I sent my films to Germany 10 days ago and got an e-mail asking me for my credit card number for review. But since then I have been unable to elicit an e-mail response from anyone at the clinic.

I am also getting an evaluation by Dr. Bertagnoli. But I have heard many good things about Zeegers and also about the Activ-L, which he prefers.

Does anyone out there have any information about the status of Zeegers and the AlphaKlinik BK?

Thanks so much!
Leora.
Large central L5-S1 herniation in late July 07 with progressive cauda equina symptoms. Laminectomy/discectomy on Sept 7 2007. Very difficult recovery. Still on disability, working 2 hrs/day from home in a chaise lounge Nerve issues in both legs an
Old 10-24-2008, 04:36 PM

no changes for dr zeegers it's all about remodeling etc....
someone has just returned from surgery with dr z and all was well some signs changing etc.. diff name but zeegers is there and well.
chuck

Alpha Klinik GmbH was taken over on 1st August 2008 by the ATOS Klinik, Heidelberg.
The clinic will in future be operating under the name ATOS Privatklinik München GmbH & Co. KG.
The ATOS Privatklinik München (ATOS Private Clinic, Munich) will continue to focus on the areas of orthopaedic and sports traumatology.
For patients this continues to mean medical care of the highest level.
You will find more information at www.atos-muenchen.de.
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5

Last edited by chasswen; 10-24-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:10 AM

Default Thanks Chuck

That helps. They will respond eventually I guess. the good news is that Bertagnoli's surgical partner already responded and they were very positive about me being a candidate for L5-S1 ADR.
This came on the same day that my surgeon in San Francisco told me that the "collaspe" at that level was way too severe and the disc height too low and that he would never do ADR on me. It was pretty discouraging. He suggested fusing without even putting a plug in the space to regain some of the lost height.
So I may be headed to Bogen soon!!!

I am curious: Did you even try to get any insurance reimbursement for that? Also, are there safeguards in the legal system in Germany (malpractice protection etc) that are pretty strong for foreigners just in case something goes wrong?

I'd love to hear what you thought of Bertagnoli.
Thanks again for clarifying on Zeegers....
Leora
Large central L5-S1 herniation in late July 07 with progressive cauda equina symptoms. Laminectomy/discectomy on Sept 7 2007. Very difficult recovery. Still on disability, working 2 hrs/day from home in a chaise lounge Nerve issues in both legs an
Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up

bertagnoli and the entire pro-spine staff are nothing but awesome.
there's malpractice stuff but you must sign off on the case being heard in a staubing court of law.
i was bone to bone beginning to auto fuse and got a shinny new pro-disc i have no back pain but seems i have some perm nerve damage
the staff at both hospitals are awesome. you will think you are staying at a 4 star hotel. ROFL.
zeegers is a wonderful surgeon also. for the record.
any questions just yell.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5