ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 PM

Default Prodisc-L VS LP-ESP go!

Who has had these discs & what can you tell me about your post-surgery experience. Also is there a site where one can compare discs. Or could someone share links where I can get information specs on these discs. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Jesse,

Welcome and good luck with your research. I'm still in the research phase myself. I think the two discs you are considering are actually somewhat dissimilar. The Pro-disc-L is a traditional ball and socket design, and the LP-Esp is a more modern, one-piece design.

I think there are plenty members on here who have had excellent results with each. The attached article provides a decent comparison of the various disc designs. There have been many positive reports about LP-ESP using Dr. Desai as well, if you decide to go that route.

There are some Facebook pages that also have a wealth of useful information. I have particularly found the one that is not affiliated with a specific doctor useful.

Cheers,
Paul
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lubricants-03-00346.pdf (359.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:15 PM

Default Paul C

Thanks for the information Paul. I agree the disc's are quite different. I have been communicating with many different surgeons and the two I have narrowed it down to, Dr. Rischke & Dr. Bertagloni, prefer very prosthesis. LP ESP and the Prodisc L respectively.
I wish you all the best with your research,
Jesse
Old 02-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Default pro disc

15 months out best shape of my life very durable especially for motocross racing.
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
No invasive procedures except steroid shots that did nothing n hurt wicked bad
9/24/2016 Adr surgery Bertagnoli>1 year doing great
Old 02-09-2018, 09:01 PM

Default Gktm300

Thanks and very happy that you are doing well!
Old 03-05-2018, 04:19 AM

Default Pro Disc L no bueno

While I hate to criticize what may be working for some folks...I would not under any circumstances ever consider the Pro Disc for a Lumbar ADR application. I have seen many Docs over the years (I'm in need of a 3 lvl replacement) and one in particular who has my confidence; showed me multiple cases he's had with catastrophic failures, both single and multiple levels. The problems with it are that it has NO shock absorption, and no real lateral stability which places the stresses onto the facet joints, resulting in follow up fusion surgery. In other words, it actually has too much movement.
Anyhow, I hope I helped. As for me, I am currently in the process of scheduling surgery in Jamaica with Dr. Chin. He invented the AxioMed Freedom disc. It's not been cleared by the FDA yet in the U.S. (AxioMed said Q3 2018) but I can't wait that long.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:07 PM

Default reaearch

do your own reaearch and make your own decission. Gen patton might be good at killing nazis but i doubt his judgement as an adr recommenders especialky since he hasnt even got one yet hate to be rude but I know what your saying is in accurate.
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
Old 03-06-2018, 11:55 AM

To attempt to head off too much name-calling - The Prodisc has had catastrophic failures, reported and discussed here as well as other websites. Any and every ADR that's been on the market for long enough has had catastrophic failures, as has fusion.

Anecdotal information, story-telling, isn't enough to figure out if the ADR is any good. How many failures were there vs. how many successes? How many of the failures were from the period, and every ADR has this, that surgeons got too enthusiastic and put the ADR into patients who weren't right for it? Don't take the word of your surgeon; do the research yourself. Even though Bertagnoli operated on Laura twice and I happen to agree with most of his opinions (at least those he had back when we talked ~10 years ago), I'd still say don't take any surgeon's word instead of learning and making your own decision.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 03-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Exclamation

Jesse and GenPatton,

Please see this topic:

https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11053

Please add you signatures which will help us help you.

Thanks.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM

Default hmmm

i been research this for a few years and i havent come across these failures ? where are the stories? seriously im curious. I would doubt the disc failed and more inclined to believe it was installed incorrectly. plz enlighten me