ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Default New member with lots of issues

Hello everyone, name is Errol and I live in N.C. So, I was a tattoo artist, which meant being hunched over A LOT. At first most everything was ok, but I started having shooting pain in my hand. was diagnosed as having carpel tunnel and eventually had surgery, which later did not fix it. As time went on I continued to have pain, but now it was spreading. My GP thought it was Lyme disease, then Fibromyalgia, etc,etc.This went on for years , and the pain kept getting worse. Finally I went to a Holistic place and they tried a traction table...for 3 days after that I was like new. I told them about that and she told me to get an MRI. I did and then my GP called me telling me how bad it was. I was scheduled with a neurosurgeon, who told me I needed surgery right away. I agreed as I could barely even walk at that point. He had told me that c3-c7 were issues but my c3and 4 were so bad he just wanted to focus on them at the time, so I had surgery with getting the c3 & c4 fused. After surgery he told me it was even worse than what the MRI showed and said I was lucky I wasnt paralyzed. After the surgery everything seemed good and recovery went well, was able to walk and do most things again but I retired from tattooing...so to keep my creative side going I started to oil paint, as I could do that sitting upright. Then after awhile i started having problems with my right knee, X-rays showed it was bone on bone so now I had a replacement surgery. While recovering from that my neck started hurting really bad and some days could barely walk again, so back to neurosurgeon and a CT scan. Now it was C5 and 6 that were causing new issues as well as bulging of c3 &c4., c4& 5 showing severe right foraminal narrowing. All they did so far to address this is give me steroid injections...which did nothing as well as keeping me on Nucynta for pain....no follow up appointments either. As of now Im looking into going oversees for surgery as well as researching any and all options. I have another appointment soon with a different neurosurgeon for a second opion. Right now the pain has been so bad that iay in bed most of the time as it takes the weight of my head off my neck, I can't paint or do much of anything except get frustrated with my situation. Thanks for letting me get that out I would love to hear from others
Old 08-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Caddyman, what's the latest? How is your research going?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate